Ard Mhuire (Residence)
Formation of the order & Edmund Ignatius Rice...................read more
ACTIVITIES OF THE ORDER IN THE CATHEDRAL PARISH
The Christian Brothers operate the North Monastery primary & secondary schools in the parish. The schools were founded in 1811 when Brother Jerome O'Connor and Brother John Baptist Leonard were invited to Cork & given charge of a school in Chapel Lane by Bishop Moylan. In 1814 a site was acquired witht he financial help of Bishop Moylan and a new school was built. In 1900 the Trades School was founded by Br. J.D.Burke. This was Ireland's first Technical School and was dedicated to Br. Gerald Joseph Griffin, poet, writer & a member of the North Mon. Community. In 1903 the A.G. (As Gaeilge) School was founded & was dedicated to Br. de Burca. Plans for a new primary school were drawn up in the 1940's and the present building was opened in 1952. The current secondary school was built in 1967.
Scoil Mhuire Fatima,
Saturday Vigil & Eves of Holy Days: 6.00pm
Holy Days & Bank Holidays: 11.00am
Weekdays: Cathedral: Mon-Sat: 10am
Mass on St. Patrick's Day will be held at the earlier time of 11.00am. As per tradition, the mass will be attended by city councillers and other special guests. We look forward to welcoming all visitors to our Cathedral.
The Cathedral now has a Youtube channel. Media featuring and connected to the Cathedral will be uploaded and shared on this resource. Click here to view.