Safeguarding seeks to be proactive and covers both children and vulnerable adults. Education and training are key in keeping the safeguarding message current and not allowing for complacency.
We hold regular training days, conferences and information sessions, which can be found by clicking on www.corkandross.org/safeguarding.
9th of October safeguarding talk with key speakers are Kevin Hyland OBE-Child Trafficking in Ireland and Dr Maureen Griffin-Online Solicitation of Minors. To book a place please download booking form on www.corkandross.org or contact Diocesan Office (€10 booking fee).
Role of the Local Parish safeguarding representative
Being responsible to the parish priest to promote Child Safeguarding by:
• Raising awareness of what Child Safeguarding is
• Disseminating information regarding the standards and guidance, and circulating this information widely
• Ensuring Church activities are provided in a way that ensures the safety and well-being of the children involved
• Ensuring that the contact details of the DLP, Gardai and Tulsa are widely publicised
• Upholding the Seven Safeguarding Standards in practice and behaviour
Parish Child Protection Representatives
Cathedral, Blackpool, The Glen & Ballyvolane: Brian Mitchell, Veronica Betts, Patricia Harrington, Anne O’Donovan, & Bernie Taylor.